The sentencing hearing for Bill Cosby has been set for September after he was convicted last month of three counts of aggravated indecent assault.
According to Philly CBS Tuesday, the 80-year-old actor will learn his fate September 24 after a jury found him guilty of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand at his home in Philadelphia in 2004.
The jury, made up of seven men and five women, deliberated the case for 14 hours before coming back with the guilty verdict.
Actor Bill Cosby (C) arrives with actress Keshia Knight Pulliam (R) and spokesman Andrew Wyatt for Cosbys trial on sexual assault charges at the Montgomery County Courthouse on June 5, 2017 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania. (Photo by David Maialetti-Pool/Getty Images)
Cosbys first trial ended in a mistrial after the jury failed to reach a verdict following six days of deliberation.
In the retrial, Judge Steven ONeill allowed the prosecution to call five other woman to testify who also alleged that Cosby assaulted them.
The defenses closing arguments painted Constand as nothing but a “pathological liar,” while co-counsel Kathleen Bliss said that the five other woman who testified in the trial were only looking for fame and money.
Prosecutors closed out the case stating that Cosby used his fame to lure woman into situations he could control.
“She told all of you the truth,” Assistant District Attorney Kristen Feden told the jury of Constand. “She told you that the defendant drugged and sexually assaulted her in the same exact way he had done so many times before.”
Each one of the charges against the comedian carries up to 10 years behind bars.