Call of Duty WW2 update: Here's what new game patch does on Xbox One, PS4 and PC
Call of Duty WW2 gets a new update today.
According to the patch notes, the Call of Duty WW2 update is going to make some players have to relearn their favourite weapons: the patch will nerf and buff certain weapons, making some much better than they were whilst making some notably worse.
Activision has also revealed when we're going to see the next update drop for WW2, too.
The Resistance will launch on March 1 for Xbox One and PC, having released a month earlier on PS4.
The event is due to end on February 27 for PS4 – so if you need reminding of what's in it, or if you want to get yourself hyped up for it ahead of the launch on Xbox One, check the gallery below.
You can check out the full list of Call of Duty WW2 patch notes below.
Call of Duty WW2 Resistance Event EXPLAINED
Join “The Resistance" in the latest community event for Call of Duty: WW2. The event features free content, available to all players and lasts from January 22 to February 27.
ADS TRANSITION TIMES/ADS FROM SPRINT TIMES/ADS SPRINT OUT TIMES:
• Buffed base ADS times and buffed ADS in from sprint times (ADS sprint out times match ADS from sprint times)
• Buffed base ADS transition times, but not ADS from sprint times/ADS sprint out times, in an effort to maintain a difference between the SMG and AR class playstyles
Snipers: Kar98k and M1903
• Nerfed ADS transition times (a slight quickscoping nerf)
• Buffed base ADS times
• Note: Base ADS times for SMGs are faster than Rifles, and Rifles are faster than LMGs. In other words, there is now more of a distinction between class playstyles.
• Buffed recoil in an effort to have a more competitive SMG on par with the PPSh-41
• Nerfed fire rate so that the damage output is more in line with other weapons in its class
• Buffed recoil in an effort to make it more manageable to shoot down range and give a better contrast to the M1 Garand
• Nerfed hip spread to match the M1 Garand’s in an effort to decrease the ability to quickly kill opponents at closer ranges
•Buffed fire rate in an effort to make it a more competitive choice amongst the other rifles (still slightly slower than the Gewehr 43)
• Buffed fire rate in an effort to make it a more competitive choice amongst the other rifles (still slightly faster than M1A1)
• Buffed recoil (closer to that of M1A1)
• Buffed clip size to be 12 rounds per clip instead of 10
M30 Luftwaffe Drilling
• Buffed damage per pellet to be on par with the recent Sawed-Off Shotgun changes so that this shotgun now has a more automatic 2-shot kill and a slightly more forgiving one-shot kill
• Buffed shotgun damage range, so that it’s now more feasible to finish off an opponent who didn’t die from a rifle bullet
• Buffed ADS spread to allow for greater accuracy when shooting enemies that are outside of the obvious shotgun range (while ADS)
• Buffed clip size to be 8 shots per clip instead of 6 in an effort to allow players to have more success with this weapon
• Nerfed ADS spread to be on par with other shotguns (besides the M30)