Torn penis: What to do if you snap your banjo string
(Picture: Larry Washburn/Getty)

If you are a musician who is having problems with their banjo – I’m sorry but you’ve landed on the wrong page.

The banjo strings we are talking about do not refer to the musical variety but the penis variety.

If you’re a man and you’ve ever torn your banjo string then you will definitely know what it is.

But, for the uninitiated, the proper term is the frenulum and it is a small bit of skin found on the underside of the penis, between the foreskin and the shaft.

Dead vagina syndromeBleeding after sex: should I be worried? What are the common causes?

If the worst happens during sex and you do end up tearing your penis, you will no doubt be pretty concerned and wonder what to do next

Dr Anand Patel, a specialist in sexual function, has the answers to all your questions if you find yourself or your partner is left with a bleeding penis after sex.

‘The banjo string is a piece of connective tissue that is pretty resilient so only tears under pressure, and the usual cause is rough sex or masturbation, although there are others.

‘It can be very painful and can bleed at the time.

Torn penis: What to do if you snap your banjo string
(Picture: Tara Moore/Getty)

‘This usually settles and heals on its own and most people are advised that they should not have sex or masturbation for six weeks or longer if it hasn’t healed fully.

‘The scar tissue can tear again especially if you try and have sex too soon.’

It looks like torn frenulums may be on the rise, and there is one thing which could be to blame – porn.

‘Basically, with the advent of porn there may be an increase of torn banjo strings as sex is reported to be more aggressive.

‘Certainly the rate of penile fracture is going up!’

If you want to avoid any accidents, Dr Patel suggests using lube and having less rough sex which usually stops the problem.

xx dog owners share embarrassing moments with their pets13 dog owners share funny stories which will make you howl with laughter

And, in some instances, you may need to see your GP.

‘If the bleeding and tear don’t heal rapidly, or if the tear is significant, continues to be painful beyond the immediate period, or becomes hot, red or swollen then it would be sensible to see the doctor.

‘If it keeps tearing, there is an operation called a frenuloplasty which can help.’

MORE: Children’s imaginary friends are in trouble and here’s how you can help

MORE: This is why you feel blue in January and how you can beat it

Original Article

[contf] [contfnew]


[contfnewc] [contfnewc]