Destiny 2 XUR: Where is Xur Today? D2 Location and Exotics Xur is selling on December 21? (Pic: BUNGIE)
Where is Xur today? That's the question all Destiny 2 Guardians will be asking today, even if they might still be otherwise busy collecting all sorts of baked goods in the Dawning event.
But there's also the new Izanami Forge for guardians to discover in the wreckage of the Exodus Black.
Bungie is promising new adventures and more slick weaponry but there's plenty more to come in the new year.
"We have more in store for you after the New Year. The community is currently solving puzzles and uncovering the secrets of the forges and the families who created them. Niobe Labs is set to go live on January 8. Its not a dungeon, but an event that will ultimately unlock the final forge."
You can learn more about upcoming events – as well as much more – on the most recent This Week At Bungie blog post.
But right now though, we must turn our attention back to Xur and hope that the Agent of the Nine returns with some amazing new exotic stock to spend our Legendary Shards on, but only between December 21st – 25th.
If you're looking for the mysterious tentacle-faced merchant this week, you won't find him just yet, so don't bother checking the Destiny Reddit page for info.
Following the changes to the game some months back it now means that the Agent of Nine will now arrive at 10am PST, 1pm EST, 5pm GMT, 7pm CET.
When Xur does appear, it'll be even harder to find him, due to some updates to the game following the launch of Destiny 2 Forsaken.
- Xur will no longer display a vendor icon on destination maps
- Xur will no longer be tied to Flashpoints
- Xurs Fated Engrams will grant only pre-Forsaken Exotics
All this being said, it looks like Xur is still spawning in the exact same areas on Titan, Io, Nessus and the European Dead Zone.
So it's not too difficult. Equally, he appears to still be spawning in the Tower when the flashpoint is on Mercury or Mars.
Stick with us as we reveal where Xur can be found this week and what he's selling. In the meantime, you can recap what Xur was selling last week, just below
What was Xur selling last week? December 14 – December 18
Last week Xur was selling the following stock, which Guardians could buy using their Legendary Shards:
• Sweet Business – Auto Rifle – 29 Legendary Shards
• Orpheus Rig – Hunter Leg Armor – 23 Legendary Shards
• Hallowfire Heart – Titan Chest Armor – 23 Legendary Shards
• Claws of Ahamkara – Gauntlet Armor – 23 Legendary Shards
• Five of Swords (Nightfall Challenge Card)
• Fated Engram
Do note, Xur stopped selling these items earlier this week on Tuesday when the Destiny 2 Reset removed Xur from the game.
Xur Changes since Update 126.96.36.199
Xur has some new items to sell each week which were introduced with the games 188.8.131.52 update:
• Every week, youll be able to acquire one of the new Fated Engrams using Legendary Shards that will decrypt as Exotics that arent already in your collection
• A simpler Three of Coins that boosts Exotic drop rates from any source for 4 hours
• No obscure stacking mechanics or need to re-apply before every boss
• These cost Legendary Shards and you can have as many as you like
Xur changes are coming on December 12th (Pic: BUNGIE)
HOW TO ACQUIRE LEGENDARY SHARDS IN DESTINY 2?
Legendary Shards have replaced the Strange Coins as Xur's currency of choice, but should you still be finding your feet within the game, then below you'll find a list of every which way you can obtain Legendary Shards in the game:
• Dismantling Legendary weapons and armour (x 2)
• Dismantling Exotic weapons and armour (x 10)
• Strike bosses (rare)
• Weekly Nightfalls
• Planetary chests (rare)
• Lost Sector chests
• Raid chests
• Raid encounters
If you haven't acquired enough Legendary Shards just yet to buy Xur's stock, then make sure to farm them quick because Xur and his exotic stock won't be around for long.
You'll want to make sure you acquire enough Legendary Shards before the mysterious vendor skips town, which now takes place every Tuesday at 6PM.