The Division 2 Maintenance: Server Status latest for Tidal Basin Update and Patch Notes (Pic: UBISOFT)
Remarkable, considering the game launched a little over a month ago on PS4, Xbox One and PC. But as with any large content drop, there needs to be some downtime so Ubisoft devs can set to work releasing this crucial new update.
The news, which fans have been expecting alll week, was announced last night on the games official @TheDivisionGame Twitter account, telling fans:
"The servers will shut down for a scheduled maintenance Friday, April 5th at 09:30 AM CEST / 03:30 AM EDT / 12:30 AM PDT," reads a Ubisoft tweet. "Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours. We will be releasing the Invasion: Battle for D.C. update during this time."
For those of you in the UK that means the game should go offline at 8.30 GMT. It also means the game should start to come back online close to midday at 11.30am GMT.
During this time you may notice you'll receive a 'Mike-01' error message when attempting to play the game. A 'MIKE' error message is related to the game not being able to access your profile. Because the game is offline, it obviously will be unable to access your profile.
As with any server outage, it's worth noting that the server maintenance times are not always correct. Sometimes bugs or problems mean that server maintenance is extended or that a second update is planned to rollback any game breaking changes.
So it goes without saying that you should keep checking the Daily Star or Division 2 official twitter feed for regular updates on the state of the game and latest update.
The Division 2 – Tidal Basin Update Overview
Today's new update introduces “Tidal Basin” which is part of Invasion: Battle for D.C., the first free post-launch updates.
This will also include, in weeks to come, the upcoming release of Operation Dark Hours, the first 8-player raid in the history of The Division, and a brand new Specialisation.
The update will also significantly improve the games endgame content, introducing the following new challenges and content:
- Players face a new challenge in encountering Tidal Basin, a new stronghold held by the Black Tusk Faction. Tidal Basin is now home to some of the most powerful enemies in the game, and theyre not going down without a fight.
- After completing the Tidal Basin Stronghold, players will be able to advance to World Tier 5 and unlock the possibility to obtain gear scores 450-500.
- “Invasion: Battle for D.C.” introduces a new Heroic difficulty setting making for some of the most challenging gameplay yet.
- Upon reaching World Tier 5, weekly invasions will be introduced with the Black Tusk taking control over selected main missions and strongholds in the city. These activities are harder to complete but more rewarding in loot and gear.
- Players can now enjoy two new exotic weapons, Pestilence and Nemesis as well as three new gear sets: True Patriot, Hardwired and Ongoing Directive.
- As part of the update, all players will also have access a new PVP map called Fort McNair
- The Invasion Apparel Event, which will allow agents to collect outfits inspired by Read More – Source