"This is a huge media organisation owned by German billionaires. Which means they can afford to pay, by the way. And they kind of bullied and intimidated me, they didn't want me to sue them publicly. I felt like it was the right thing to do.
"And personally because I feel that this was also the right thing to do, to give the money to charity, to turn something that was really, really hurtful and devastating to myself, if I can somehow give back to Australians, I can turn it into a positive thing."
She had earlier joked that she had been in such a rush to get to the studios that she only "changed my dress, not my underwear".
Ms Wilson has appeared on Channel Ten because, in her words, it was the only Australian media company not trying to sue her.
When asked by Project host Carrie Bickmore if she ever felt stressed about coming home to Australia, Ms Wilson replied that she did.
"That's especially when all of the major media organisations except for Channel Ten, which was the only sensible one, tried to join in the case against me. Purely because of corporate greed and they don't want to take responsibility when they make mistakes.
"That is awful. It's not a great feeling.
"I know a lot of Australian celebrities have been driven out of Australia because of negative treatment by the media. That's sad, because Australia is an awesome country."
She had revealed after court on Wednesday that singer Taylor Swift had congratulated her over her defamation win at Ruby Rose's birthday party. She told The Project that the reaction from other celebrities had been "incredible".
"So many high profile and not high profile people have had crap written about them," she said. "It's really hard to bring a court case; it's taxing, it involves your whole family, you have to be in court. It's very, very expensive and I just thought I was uniquely suited to do it because I do have a law degree.
"A lot of people don't know [that], they think I'm a bit stupid. But I do. I went to university and I had such a great case. I was uniquely suited to bring this. I think that set a great precedent for other celebrities."
She said while her reputation had been restored, she was in Australia to make sure she got as much money for charity as possible and she believed the Court of Appeal would get it right.
As to her ongoing feeling about the media, Ms Wilson said the appeal wouldn't stop her from promoting her ongoing movie projects.
"It was hard when it seemed for a second the whole Australian media apart from Channel Ten was trying to sue me. But to me you can't take it personally," she said. "It's more about I have set this huge precedent and they're unhappy.
"So many journalists do great stories, honest, good people. So yes, so you've got to balance it up. You know, I love telling people about my projects and what I have happening. You have to get out there."
Ms Wilson earlier told the show she was producing a remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, called The Hustle, which starred herself and Anne Hathaway. And she was also playing LeFou in the stage musical of Beauty and The Beast at the Hollywood Bowl next month.
Comedian and Project host Peter Helliar suggested after her plug of Channel Ten she could also be the next Bachelorette.
"I wouldn't mind that," said Ms Wilson. "I was chatting to Sophie Monk about that. I watched every episode of her season fricken' because I'm the same age as her. I have the same problems as her."
After earlier admitting to being a huge fan of newly-single Jurassic World star Chris Pratt, Bickmore joked: "We can't guarantee Chris Pratt will be in there though. We'll try."
"Channing Tatum?" suggested Ms Wilson hopefully.
Aja Styles is a passionate and dedicated writer who specialised in courts and crime during her stint with WAToday.com.au. Since moving to theage.com.au in 2012, she's taken on varied duties in reporting, home page editing and in sections, before commencing her current role in 2013.
Morning & Afternoon Newsletter