PUBG Mobile UPDATE TIME: Servers Down for maintenance and new Vikendi Map DOWNLOAD news (Pic: PH)
PUBG Mobile servers are currently offline whilst Tencent's begin rolling out the games latest Pubg Mobile update.
The development team warned users about the extended maintenance on Sunday morning.
Although if you're searching for this info on the official Twitter account, don't bother. We could only see this info on the games official discord group.
The long and short of it though is that the game will be offline for potentially nine hours.
Here's the official announcement courtesy of the games discord:
PUBG MOBILE will be taken offline for maintenance from 00:00:00 to 09:00:00 (UTC) on December 17th.
"Service may resume sooner or later depending on maintenance progress.
"The new version will be pushed to Google Play and App Store starting December 18th."
So the game should come back online by 9am Monday morning for players in the UK.
Although it's been mentioned that this downtime should take 9 hours, it's worth reminding players that they could still be waiting a good few hours before they get their hands on this latest update.
Ad they mention, the update will be pushed to Google Play and iOS App store "starting" December 18th, which is Tuesday. So players may still have to wait before they can get their hands on these new features.
In addition, the notice also stated that anyone who updates the game before December 25th will get Outfit Box III (7d) x1 and 1,888 BP.
So what's new? What new goodies do you get for enduring this downtime? Check out the list below:
Whats New in PUBG Mobile?
- Vikendi, a 6km x 6km snow map, is coming in the new update! Availability will be announced at a later date, so make sure to keep an eye out!
- Added a Snow theme to the main menu.
- Added Arabic language support.
- Added cross-server matchmaking.
- Players may now report suspicious behavior while spectating after dying.
- Added Firearms Finish Upgrade System.
- Added season spending rewards.
The games new patch notes are not yet available for this latest update, but unofficially, they might have already been revealed.
According to xda-developers.com the latest 0.10.0 patch notes have leaked ahead of this update.
The big changes include, obviously, the addition of the new Vikendi snow map, but there's plenty more on top.
Players can also look forward to a new snow weather mode and a snowmobile vehicle.
"Theres also the addition of cross-server matchmaking, which will allow players to match with players on other servers on the same tier, thereby reducing match wait times in certain scenarios," explained xda-developers.com
"Players will also now be able to collect all daily mission awards, which will definitely be a welcome change for the regulars."
You can take a sneak peak at a small slice of these leaked patch notes, just below.
New Map and In-game changes:
• Vikendi, a 6km x 6km snow map
• Will be available for download at 0:00 UTC on 20 DEC 2018, and available for matchmaking 24 hours later
• New weather mode added: Snow
• Vikendi-exclusive vehicle: Snowmobile
• Snowball Fight added to Vikendis Spawn Island
• Added layout for players with large hands
• Added a display for Crew Challenge winners on Erangels Spawn Island. Season 1s winning teams will appear on the Spawn Island of their respective server and modes (Season 2 registration starts at 0:00 UTC on 18 DEC 2018)
• Players best results in Crew Challenge will now be shown on their Crew pages and can be shared with other players
• Added a Snow theme to the main menu. Collect bells from all Classic mode matches and exchange them for rewards at the event center
• Shops front page has been tuned to emphasize themes of each major update
• Added cross-server matchmaking. After enabling, players have a chance to be matched to players of the same tier on other servers
• Players that repeatedly exit matches right after starting will now be banned from finding matches for a period of time
• Players now can collect all daily mission awards at once.
• Added Firearms Finish Upgrade System, where players can use materials at the Lab to upgrade certain weapon finishes to get additional kill effects, unique kill broadcasts, and death crate appearances.
• Added Lucky Treasure, a feature that gives players a chance to get upgradable weapon finish Glacier – M416 when they finish daily missions.
• Added Season spending rewards. Spend different amounts to get excellent rewards and steep discounts on firearm finishes
• Players may now report suspicious behavior while spectating after dying.
• Added Arabic support
• Players now do not need to select a second language for matchmaking and chat
• Chat system now takes up less memory and stores more messages
• New commands added to Quick Chat