Overwatch Patch Notes Update bring big character changes ahead of new hero 27, Brigitte
Overwatch fans might be desperate for Blizzard to announce the games latest hero, rumoured to be Brigitte, daughter of existing Overwatch character, Torbjorn, but in the meantime fans have a new update for the game to adapt to.
As you might expect there are bug fixes and tweaks to maps and such but also a number of character changes, in particular, Sombra.
“The goal of these changes for Sombra is to remove the necessity for her teammates to take damage and heal themselves with her hacked health packs to try to get her ultimate charged up quickly,” Blizzard developer notes reveal.
“Her ultimate will now come up less often, but there are more abilities that are disabled by Hack so it is more effective when used.
“Previously, Opportunist would only activate when an enemy’s health bar dipped below 50% but now the passive will reveal all damaged enemies which should help Sombra identify targets in her line of sight to pick off.
“Overall these changes should make her more effective and less reliant on her ultimate.”
Keep reading to see the full patch notes.
Overwatch League – Current Standings ahead of Stage 2 Season
The Overwatch League is back! Here are the current standings ahead of Stage 2.BLIZZARD Shanghai Dragons – 0 Wins, 10 Losses
OVERWATCH PATCH NOTES
- EMP – No longer blocked by small objects (e.g. sign posts)
- Hack – No longer gains ultimate charge from health pack healing
- Cast time reduced from 0.8 seconds to 0.65 seconds
- Now disables the following abilities:
- Hanzo—Wall Climb
- Pharah—Hover Jets
- Lúcio—Healing Boost and Speed Boost (turns off current song entirely), Wall Ride
- Mercy—Angelic Descent
- Machine Pistol spread reduced from 3 to 2.7
- Enemy health bars are now visible when health drops below 100% (formerly 50%)
- Her ability to detect enemies through walls at 50% or less remains unchanged
- Duration increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds
- Hand Cannon – Ammo recovery rate increased from 0.8 seconds to 0.65 seconds per bullet
- Developer Comments: This change will help Doomfist more consistently be able to use his weapon as part of his combos.
- Endothermic Blaster
- Freeze (slow) duration increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds
- Weapon alternate fire ammo cost reduced from 25 to 20
- Developer Comment: Increasing Mei’s slow duration helps her freeze targets that are particularly elusive such as Genji or Lúcio. Lowering her alternate fire ammo cost allows her to more safely use it without costing her the ability to freeze enemies.
22 AMAZING PS4, Xbox and Nintendo Switch games for 2018 and beyond
Take a look at 22 of the biggest and best looking new games coming to PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch in 2018 and beyond.SONY Spider-Man
- Some health pack sizes have been reduced
- Some health pack locations have been changed
- Additional health packs have been added
- Developer Comments: Health packs are a valuable resource in Overwatch and positioning around them is key to holding ground on defense or keeping up momentum on offense. We have moved the location of some health packs and included additional ones to improve game play on Blizzard World.
USER INTERFACE UPDATES
- No longer shows enemies’ health bars unless they have taken damage
- Developer Comment: This helps remove some clutter from Mercy players’ screens when they use her ultimate
- Fixed a bug that prevented Capture the Flag statistics from displaying on the Career Profile if the match was played on Ayuttheya in the Arcade
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented announcement voice lines from triggering on Blizzard World