David and Victoria Beckham have reportedly upped the security around their home following two recent break-in attempts.
According to The Sun, the couple – who recently celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary – have had prison-style razor wire erected around their property in an attempt to put off would-be burglars.
Burglars targeted the Beckhams £6million home in October last year while the family were in Australia, and seven security guards and two guard dogs chased another man away from the property just weeks later.
A neighbour told The Sun: I was surprised to find out it didnt need planning permission. It makes the place look like Colditz.
However, their local council said the family didnt need planning permission for the extra security due to its height and distance from a public highway.
The property is where the family spend holidays and weekends and features a swimming pond, sauna and large gardens.
A source told the Mail on Sunday around the time of the break-in attempts that the couple were devastated by being targeted.
The source claimed: This has hit them hard. Victoria has been upset for the last couple of days about this, it has been so tough for her.
More: David Beckham
It is frightening and dreadful to think someone would be intruding on their personal space. David hates the fact he has to have such high tech and extremely tight security around him.
He would love to be normal but his number one priority is to protect his wife, children and wider family. He is absolutely furious that he has now has to increase his security even more.
Metro.co.uk has contacted Beckhams rep for comment.
Got a showbiz story?
If you've got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emaRead More – Source