EA and Bioware have pushed out the first Anthem update in weeks – and we're expecting some more news to come tomorrow, too. Here's what you need to know.
Anthem Update Patch Notes 1.2.0 Today: New Freeplay Update, Cataclysm news coming tomorrow (Pic: EA)
After a month of silence, EA and Bioware have finally dropped an update for Anthem – and this one's a biggie.
Despite Bioware's promise that it would be open and communicative with staff, we've not really seen much about the game in recent weeks – likely because the staff have had their heads to the grindstone readying this update.
Update 1.2 doesn't massively reinvent the game (as some would have hoped), or add much new content, but hardcore players will be happy with the quality of life improvements that will come as the download hits.
The headline changes here include fast-travel during freeplay and some overall bug squashing.
If you want to learn more about the promised Cataclysm mode, news on that is coming tomorrow at 4pm PT.
We'll update you when we have more. In the meantime – here's everything you need to know about today's patch.
- Improved the compass to show collectible items as a question mark when you are near one.
- Added a purple target icon to show an area where an enemy that is guaranteed to drop loot will appear. When the enemy appears, they will have a white target icon.
- Added the ability to fast travel to different strider locations from the map while in freeplay.
- Three Emerald Abyss Legendary Missions have been added.
- Load screens now display lore regarding the location that you are loading into.
- Added a simple UI for players to communicate non-verbally with each other and express themselves via emotes. This is accessed by pressing down on the D-Pad if using a controller, or B on a keyboard for PC.
- Fixed an issue where the “Alt” key could not be correctly used in keybinding.
- Dominion Storm and Frost Brutes no longer have shields.
- All Storm Javelins (Elementalists, Valkyries, etc) now regenerate their shields like other shielded creatures. When hovering they can be grounded with force or with fire status effects.
- The Scar Hunter can now be grounded with fire status effects.
- Improved the animation of the Scar Grenadier grenade throw to be more clear.
- Looking away from interaction point while interacting no longer cancels the interaction.
- Base damage of Cluster Mine has been increased from 110 to 135
- Base damage of Searching Glaive has been increased from 550 to 605
- Base damage of Plasma Star has been increased from 110 to 210
- Base damage of Wraith Strike has been increased from 250 to 315
- Base damage of Burst Mortar has been increased from 300 to 400
- Base damage of Flak Cannon has been increased from 42 to 60
- Base damage of Black Powder (Masterwork Flak Cannon) has been increased from 52.5 to 75
- Base damage of Blast Missile has been increased from 220 to 310
- Based damage of Argos Mace (Masterwork Blast Missile) has been increased from 275 to 387.5
- Base damage of Flame Burst has been increased from 150 to 260
- Base damage of Venomous Blaze (Masterwork Flame Burst) has been increased from 225 to 390
- Base damage of Arc Burst has been increased from 300/150 to 375/185
- Fixed a bug where multiple status effects applied to creatures were not able to be detonated for combos.
- Inventory slot count at End of Expedition now matches the Forge and Vault
- Cortex Menu – Various bugs with navigation and opening/closing the cortex have been fixed.
- Cortex Menu – Fixed issues where some entries could not be mark as read or would be become unread
- New items gained from an expedition will now properly show the new item icon
- Reduced frequency and intensity of several weapon muzzle flashes and gear effects.
- Colossus Components “Reinforced Hull” and “Colossal Stock Augment” have had several issues with their text descriptions fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the Javelins lower body would twist oddly when strafing and swapping weapons.
- Resolved errors with the “Conductive Lattice” Interceptor Component not always providing correct stat bonuses.
- The "Recommended Power" values were unintentionally reverted to their original values and have been fixed. The values should now read 425 for GM1, 575 for GM2, and 675 for GM3.
- General – Fixed various issues where players could get stuck, get outside of the environment, and other art-related issues.
- Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where the Monitors glaive would rotate oddly during his final animation.
- Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where you couldnt replay the Heart of Rage after selecting to play another mission at the end of expedition screen.
- Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where the door closed prematurely preventing players from progressing to the arena.
- Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where a player could be party gathered if hovering too close to the door of the second arena.
- Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where you would receive no loot if your entire party was downed during the final phase of the titan fight.
- Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where the Monitor encounter would break if too much damage was done before the final phase.
- Sunken Cell – Fixed an issue where the Fury sometimes would collide with rotating pillar on entering the arena.
- Sunken Cell – Fixed some issues where creatures were unable to path to the player correctly.
- Sunken Cell – Fixed an issue where the flight suppression progress wasnt showing for some members of a squad.
- Sunken Cell – Fixed an issue where Ash Brutes would be able to move while frozen.
- Sunken Cell – Fixed some issues with the Spanish voice over conversations.
- Temple of Scar – Fixed an issue where the player could stand inside the shield bubble of the final boss.
- Temple of Scar – Fixed an issue where the player could be knocked into a cage and trapped in the boss arena.
- Temple of Scar – Fixed an issue where rejoining a session at the final boss arena would cause the player to spawn outside of the arena and then get party gathered into the arena.
- Tyrant Mine – Fixed an issue where the icon would appear twice on the Expedition map.
- Tyrant Mine – Fixed an issue with text missing on the objective.
Missions and Legendary Missions
- General: Fixed an issue where the Legendary Missions did not unlock after completing Return to the Heart of Rage.
- General: Fixed an issue where a player could launch a legendary mission that was no longer available on the schedule and would spawn in with no content.
- General: Fixed an issue where Legendary Missions would be locked until the next mission was available if you started a mission and didnt complete it.
- Finding Old Friends – Legendary: Fixed an issue where disconnecting during the mission would cause the mission objectives to disappear and prevent theRead More – Source