Fortnite Patch Notes 9.21 Update: Epic Games adds Proximity Grenade, Horde Rush, No leaks (Pic: EPIC GAMES)
FORTNITE 9.21 SKINS
There's no new skins from the looks of the games latest update, however, Fortnite content creator and occasional leaker, HYPEX has suggested some interesting skins related news, based on today's new patch notes.
HYPEX tweeted a picture of the Sandstorm and Scimitar skins that were leaked last week but have as yet not been released.
"I Think this set will comeout tonight or tomorrow, because it was teased in today's patch notes! i'm definitely copping them both! these are my fav skins in season 9"
For those curious, it appears that HYPEX is referring to the skins inclusion in the games loading screen image for the returning Horde Mode.
This 4-player Co-op LTM should arrive in the next few days, so we can probably expect, as HYPEX suggests, that these skins will also be available in the coming day or two.
FORTNITE 9.21 HORDE RUSH
As mentioned in today's new Patch Notes, the Horde Rush LTM will be going live on 13th June.
Ahead of time if you want to take a look at the Fortnite Horde Rush Challenges and Rewards, then follow the link.
You can also take a look at the exclusive 'Fiend Wrap' that's available to anyone who completes seven of the challenges.
FORTNITE 9.21 LEAKS
Early signs indicate that the new files do not contain any new skins or files of any note, so if you were hoping for a bevvy of leaks, this is not the update for you.
Keep reading the review the full 9.21 patch notes and changes across Battle Royale, Creative and Save the World.
PSA – FORTNITE 9.21 PATCH NOTES LIVE
See below for the new patch notes and Proximity Grenade Trailer.
ORIGINAL STORY – A new Fortnite Update is being prepared to drop today and it could be another fairly sizable update – last week was a 'big' update week, so the schedule dictates that this week, we're going to see the game get a smaller content update.
However, normally this doesn't involve downtime and based on the tweet sent by Epic Games last night, Fortnite Servers are down this morning to release the new Fortnite update v9.21.
"Watch your proximity! The v9.21 update lands tomorrow, June 12. Downtime begins at 4 AM ET(0800 UTC)." a tweet from the official Fortnite Twitter account reads.
It's possible this update could still hold some significant updates to the game but we'll only know by taking a look at the new patch notes.
The brand new Fortnite update is expected to go live at 9am UK time on June 12 and we already have a good idea as to some of the changes, tweaks and fixes involved with the upcoming update.
You can read more about that on the link above..
If previous weeks are anything to go by, we'll also see the usual downtime schedule, with the game offline between 9am and 11am, too.
The patch notes should be here in the next 15 minutes. We'll be updating this page with all the info you need to know, with all the patch notes for Battle Royal, Save the World and Creative.
Stay tuned for those official patch notes, very shortly, we'll be adding them to the page just below the second they drop.
FORTNITE BR PATCH NOTES
Proximity Grenade Launcher
It's not a horseshoe or a hand grenade, but close still counts!
Horde Rush (Coming Soon)
A new 4-player Co-op Limited Time mode is just around the corner! Survive the Horde Rush on June 13.
LIMITED TIME MODE ROTATION:
One Shot Duos
Low Gravity. Every player has 50 health. Sniper weapons are the only weapon, Bandages are the only healing item. Jump high and aim well!
Fortnite Fiends are back on the island and angrier than ever! Fight alongside your teammates to rack up your score by finding hidden score multipliers, opening special loot chests, and eliminating as many monsters as you can. Traverse across the map, survive all of the Defend locations and take down the Final Boss to win!
- Mode Details
- Four player Squad mode divided up into multiple stages.
- Prepare to defend an area by searching for weapons & items, scavenging materials, and building defenses.
- Rack up points by fighting Fiends, collecting score multipliers, and destroying Fiend Spawners.
- Recover from the battle and search for more equipment.
- Travel across the map to the next defense point.
- Respawning is enabled until the last stage when players have to destroy a Boss Fiend and his horde of minions.
- Keep an eye out for special loot chests, which contain powerful weapons & provide a scoring bonus.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Proximity Grenade Launcher
- Fires an arcing, bouncing, explosive projectile that explodes when in proximity of an opponent.
- Available in Epic and Legendary Rarities.
- Found from Chests, Loot Carriers, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Uses Rocket Ammo.
- Holds 2 Explosive Rounds.
- Rate of Fire: 0.65 shots per second.
- Player Proximity Radius: 250 units (about half the width of a tile).
- Explosion Radius: 300 units (about 60% of the width of a tile).
- Explosion damage:
- Player: 67/70
- Environmental: 131/138
- Reload Speed: 2.8s/3s
- Projectiles explode automatically after 10s or if it has nearly come to a stop.
- Shield Potion
- Increased the availability from Chest loot from 11.3% to 12.09%
- Small Shield Potion
- Increased the availability from Chest loot from 16.95% to 18.13%
- With items being added and removed, weve noticed that Shield Potions and Small Shields have been less available in Chests. So weve increased the chance to find Shields from Chests to compensate for that.
- Increased the overall chance to find from Floor loot from 8.50% to 9.77%
- After seeing the communitys feedback about Shotgun availability, weve increased the Shotgun availability from Floor Loot to make finding them in the early phases of the game easier.
- Infantry Rifle Epic and Legendary variants
- Increased the availability from Floor loot from .067% to .105%
- Increased the availability from Chest loot from .414% to .645%
- Heavy Assault Rifle Common variant
- Decreased the availability from Floor loot from 2.04% to 1.715%
- Decreased the availability from Chest loot from 12.47% to 10.46%
- Mounted Turret
- Decreased the availability from floor loot from .59% to .46%
- Storm Flip
- Adjusted Storm Flip to cause flat damage instead of being based on which Storm Phase is currently active.
- Causes 5 damage every second.
- This change may not be immediately available at the time of release. It requires a server update and will become active at some point later in the day.
- We noticed with scaling damage that players held onto their Storm Flip later into matches, creating undesirable effects. This change gives players more value in using it earlier in matches.
- Reduced the availability from Chests from 3.39% to 1.69%
- Reduced the availability from Floor loot from 3.32% to 1.66%
- Added back into the Arena and Tournament playlists.