Sea of Thieves is going offline for maintenance today (May 23), but it's only for a few short hours.
The game was originally supposed to go offline earlier this week, but the Xbox One and PC update was delayed slightly, with developers Rare telling fans on Twitter:
"The maintenance and game update will now take place on Thursday between 10am and 2pm BST."
Over on the games forum, moderator Musicmee outlined a few further details, telling users the downtime would fix "Just a few bug fixes" to make for "smoother sailing on the seas".
The game server status page also suggests that as well as bug fixing, today's update will add some quality of life improvements.
At the time of writing, there are no patch notes to speak of, but Patch notes can be found here shortly after the servers go live.
Server maintenance is planned to begin at 10am BST and should be offline until 2pm BST.
Sea of Thieves DOWN: Server status latest, May 23 Update and Xbox One, Windows patch notes (Pic: Microsoft)
As we mention, there are no patch notes yet, but over on the games Reddit page, fans (cheers, SirNilsOlavI) have listed what they believe to be the main bug fixes coming today
You can read some of these bug fixes, just below:
- Most regarding tales not working, the GH Curse will be set as a standard default rather then how it's currently randomized, you'll be able to finally pull people out of the Kraken's grasp with the Harpoon.
- Improving arena matchmaking flow.
- Prioritize filling lobbies, rather than joining on-going matches.
- Add feature(s) to discourage people from leaving matches
- More improvements to stopping stream sniping
- Further fixing of Hit-Reg with weapons.
- Will be tested next week. Will continue to be on-going.
- Improving how new users will find the tales
- Tall-Tales will most likely be scaled down in difficulty
- Skeleton Lords will continue to be looked at regarding difficulty
If you are receiving a Kiwibeard error this morning, it's because servers are still down, so just hang tight and wait for tRead More – Source[contf] [contfnew]