PS4 users can have themselves a merry old weekend thanks to a brand new free download available right now.
With fighting game fever in the air, thanks to the launch of a brand new Mortal Kombat release, Sony and Capcom are hitting back by offering one of the best fighting games of the generation in the form of Street Fighter V.
The game is currently available as a free download for all PlayStation 4 users to enjoy and thats not even the best news. Sorry Xbox One and Xbox Live users, this ones not for you!
As part of this free trial on PlayStation 4, a PlayStation Plus subscription is not required to download and play offline. Fantastic for those small group of people who haven't opted into Sony's subscription service.
That being said, PS Plus is required to play online.
Street Fighter V originally launched in 2016, has had plenty of content added since launch and is now regarded as one of the best fighting games around.
So if you've been holding out on it, you couldn't ask for a better time to jump in.
You've got plenty of time, too. You can kick, punch, and throw your way through the 20 strong roster until 5th May.
Street Fighter V Free Trial – What's Included?
If you're keen to throw some Hadoukens, here's some information from Capcom on whats included with this free trial:
• DLC Characters Unlocked – All 16 original characters included with the game are playable in the free trial, including classics like Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, M. Bison and more! As a bonus, four fan-favourite DLC characters will be available for free during this trial: Akuma, Blanka, Juri and Menat! These four characters will only be available in Ranked, Casual, Battle Lounge, Training, and Challenges.
For those of you who already own Street Fighter V and Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition but have not yet acquired Akuma, Blanka, Juri or Menat, these four characters will be unlocked to you during the free trial period as well. If you decide to purchase any of these characters during the trial, you keep any progress made with each character.
• Arcade – Introduced in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, this mode allows you to relive the past main entries in the series. If youre able to defeat all the computer-controlled opponents under various conditions, you can unlock over 200 unique illustrations from multiple artists which can be viewed in the Gallery.
• Versus – Play against another local player or against the computer with different difficulty levels.
• Challenges – Learn how to use each character in Demonstrations and Trials or see how long you can fight in Survival Mode.
• Training – Practice against a dummy AI as you test out set-ups, combos and get used to a character without the pressure of a real match.
If you have friends or family who have always wanted to try Street Fighter V, let them know this is their chance!
The trial is also available on Steam's storefront for PC players, and there is a multitude of discounts for players that want to grab the full game across both platforms.
Capcom has found impressive success in recent years. While Street Fighter V disappointed at launch, it has been constantly built on in the years following.
In the meantime, anyone looking for some extra free games this weekend can still make the most of the current duo of free PS Plus April 2019 games before they're replaced by the new May 2019 titles.
Currently, PlayStation Plus subscribers can pick up The Surge and Conan Exiles. Read on for more info on each of these titles.
Conan Exiles – 68 on Metacritic
Conan Exiles is an open-world survival game set in the brutal lands of Conan the BarbarRead More – Source