Fortnite has released the new 8.40 patch notes, although, on the website they appear to be somewhat broken.
Thankfully, we've still got the list of major changes coming to the game which you'll find further down.
The game has been taken offline as Epic applies the patch to the battle royale game, and has noted that players can look forward to some substantial improvements and new features in today's new update.
Epic has not given us a time for when the game will go back online but it's likely to be around 12pm GMT this afternoon.
This update may take longer to arrive on iOS mobile devices as Epic Games has this morning warned:
"We are working with Apple on certification for our latest patch. There may be a delay before the update is available in the App store once downtime is completed. We will update you as soon as possible."
Still you can keep reading to see what changes are coming to the game today!
Air Royale Limited Time Mode
Pilot the X-4 Stormwing in this Limited Time Mode as you fight to become the last plane flying! Complete free Challenges to unlock brand new Wraps as you rule the skies.
New rarities for this precise, semi-automatic weapon are available now! Find and wield the Epic/Legendary variants and deliver accurate fire downrange.
LIMITED TIME MODE: AIR ROYALE
Climb aboard a plane and take to the skies in this fast-paced mode where players fight to be the last one flying!
- Air Royale is lifting off as a Duos-only mode.
- Each plane has 3 lives, players will respawn until they lose their planes last life.
- Touching the ground will instantly eliminate players.
- Parking a plane on the ground for more than a few seconds will cause it to explode – stay airborne!
- Hijacking another teams plane will add that plane to your existing number of plane lives (and cost the team who lost the plane a life).
- The storm has a ceiling that gradually lowers durinRead More – Source