SHARE

Eliza has responded to the release of details of her settlement (Photo by David Giesbrecht/CBS via Getty Images)

Eliza Dushku has refused to be silenced on the allegations made against Michael Weatherly on the set of Bull.

One week after it was revealed that a $9.5million (£7.5million) settlement had been offered to the actress to prohibit her from discussing her experiences, the 37-year-old has given her side of the story.

Eliza published an op-ed in The Boston Globe on Wednesday that gave her her voice back as she described relentless sexual harassment and most cruel, most aggressive humiliation in her own words.

Former Bring It On and Buffy The Vampire Slayer actress Eliza also brought previously unpublished allegations against Michael, including claims he told her about his strong-swimming sperm and how he regularly oohd and aahd about her ravishing beauty.

She said: Weatherly had a habit of exaggerated eye-balling and leering at me; once, he leaned into my body and inhaled, smelling me in a dramatic swoon.

Advertisement Advertisement

As was caught on tape, after I flubbed a line, he shouted in my face, “I will take you over my knee and spank you like a little girl.”

Taped recordings of their exchanges were presented during the settlement process and lead actor Weatherly apologised last week, via The New York Times, for going off-script in lines that Eliza alleges to have included jokes about a rape van, threesomes and her legs.

The actor went on to say that his conduct was both not funny and not appropriate and he expressed regret for the pain it had caused her.

More: Showbiz

Eliza, who played J.P. Nunnelly opposite eponymous lead Dr. Jason Bull, was abruptly written out of the CBS show in 2017 without explanation shortly after confronting Michael about his behaviour.

She now alleges that she was fired because she did not want to be harassed.

On the recordings, Eliza continued: It is easy to see how uncomfortable, speechless, and frozen he made me feel. For Weatherlys part, it looks like a deeply insecure power play, about a need to dominate and demean. In no way was it playful, nor was it joking with two willing participants.

In a CBS statement to NYT last week, the network said that their settlement showed that while we remain committed to a culture defined by a safe, inclusive and respectful workplace, our work is far from done.

Advertisement Advertisement

Got a showbiz story?

If you've got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.

MORE: To All The Boys sequel is confirmed by Lana Condor and Noah Centineo… and we have ourselves a new heartthrob

MORE: YouTube Musics Grace Carter talks life lessons with Dua Lipa, feeling empowered in the industry and growing up with a single mum

Advertisement Advertisement

[contf] [contfnew]

METRO

[contfnewc] [contfnewc]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here