Pokemon Go PvP update NOW LIVE for iOS, Android – Trainer Battles launch time coming soon (Pic: NIANTIC)
Pokemon GO players are one step closer to challenging their friends (and enemies…) in Pokemon Go battles.
The PvP update went live around the world last night, so now we're just waiting for Niantic to flick a switch somewhere and enable the massive new feature for everyone.
With the update being live on everyone's devices, we are very close to the launch of the newest part of the game.
There is currently no confirmed time as to when the PvP features will be enabled. Ahead of the update going live, though, Niantic has released patch notes for
Pokemon Go ver 1.99.1 patch notes
• Trainers can now challenge someone nearby to a Trainer Battle by scanning their Battle Code.
• Trainers can send remote Trainer Battle challenges to their Ultra Friends or Best Friends.
• Trainers can also Trainer Battle against team leaders.
• Trainer Battles take place in one of three different Trainer Battle Leagues, and each requires a team of three Pokémon. Each Trainer Battle League has different Pokémon CP limits.
• New hair colours and skin tones will be available for Trainer avatars.
When will Pokemon Go PvP battles release?
If previous Pokemon Go updates are anything to go by, we're likely to see the rollout for the trainer battle update to come in waves, starting with level 40 players and working down the list.
We definitely know that higher-level players will get the update first, but as for how long other player will have to wait… that remains a mystery.
Typically, in the UK, updates like this tend to go live at 9am.
So we could likely see the highest level trainers get the update earlier in the week, with the update coming over the next few days for other players.
We're predicting that higher-level players have the feature on Thursday, and the rest of the playerbase will start getting the update in the run-up to the weekend.