PUBG Xbox One HOTFIX: New update improves movement, graphics ahead of Sanhok release date
Another week, another PUBG update on Xbox One.
This time, the update has gone live without taking the game offline, meaning its just a small bump to the game to squash a few bugs and keep the title running.
One of the biggest changes here is the movement update: rather than moving in digital, 45-degree angles, the update allows players to move and turn more fluidly, making the game feel less 'grid' like and more realistic.
You can read the full patch notes below.
It's also worth noting that PUBG has issued a statement about when we could see the next map drop on Xbox One consoles, too.
The newest update on the much-anticipated Sanhok map is that it should be coming in the next 6 weeks.
"We are targeting late Summer for Sanhok on Xbox One!" said a PUBG spokesperson… so that likely means we can see the game drop in August or September.
We'll update you with more news as we have it.
The Sanhok (Previously Codename: Savage) – NEW Screenshots
PUBG's 4x4km Island map is the smallest map to date and will create a more intense much faster paced Battle Royale experience.
PUBG Xbox One patch notes:
Analog Character Movement
• As stated above, analog movement will be implemented with this hotfix. Currently, players only move in 8 directions (45 degrees between each direction).
– After the hotfix, players will be able to move at more accurate angles.
• This hotfix addresses numerous bugs related to game crashes:.
• Fixed an issue where toggling the mute option of a teammates mic caused the game to crash
• Optimized physics surrounding chained/wooden fences that were destroyed by a vehicle
• Fixed a sound issue which in some instances could cause the game to crash when windows were broken
• Fixed an issue where the button guide when opening the Inventory caused the game to crash
PUBG Sanhok: DMR and Rony, new vehicles and weapons REVEALED
NEW items have been confirmed for PUBG – here's what we know about them so far.
• We are introducing a few optimizations to improve game performance:
• Optimized world loading so that assets will load at a faster rate
• Improved loading speed of detailed textures on Xbox One X (assets will load at the same rate as before Update #17)
• Optimized scoping at leaves and grass to reduce frame rate drops
• Fixed an issue where the sound of footsteps on sand was being played twice
• Fixed an issue where sometimes player loot crates would not show after a player died