Fortnite – Search 7 Hungry Gnomes
[UPDATE – The Working theory was correct, more precise confirmed locations to follow] – Fortnite Week 8 challenges want players to search for 7 Hungry Gnomes. Here are some possible food-related locations where we could find them…
FORTNITE UPDATE 2
Our working theory that the Gnomes will be placed in locations around the map near to food stores turned out to be bang on the money!
We've spotted a couple of Gnomes (they look like every other Gnome in the game) in food-related areas on the map.
And thankfully for you, we've put together a gallery above to show you where you can find plenty of them to complete the Week 8 Challenge.
You'll know you're close to one of the Gnomes because you'll hear it making "yummy yummy yummy" noises when you get close.
You'll only need to find 7 to complete the challenge, but there's far more to be found on the map.
You'll also find a list of confirmed Gnome locations, below (courtesy of www.metabomb.net):
- Greasy Grove – In the basement the main diner, tucked away in the corner by a barrel.
- Disco Hall (E9) – Inside the Disco Hall in the town to the East of Flush Factory. You'll find the Gnome tucked away behind the bar next to a pair of vending machines.
- Huge Chair – Hidden behind the chairs and table inside the Taco Stand to the South of Shifty Shafts where the huge chair is located (thanks to Serityy for this one!)
- Lucky Landing – In the diner on the South Side. Smash the fridge!
- Moisty Mire – South West side canteen, in the corner by the vending machine.
- Pleasant Park – In the gas station towards the North East, in the corner opposite the Vending Machine.
- Retail Row #1 – In the supermarket to the North, tucked away in the corner at the top of the store.
- Retail Row #2 – Hidden behind the counter of the gas station to the South of Retail Row (thanks goes to sierraaa for finding this one!).
- Risky Reels – To the West of this location behind the fast food counter.
- Salty Springs – In the gas station on the North East side, right in the corner as per usual.
- Soccer Field #1 – Inside the Taco stand by the soccer field to the West of Tilted Towers.
- Soccer Field #2 – Inside the Taco stand in the soccer field to the East of Junk Junction.
- Tilted Towers – By a dumpster right in the centre of Tilted Towers' food station. On the "T" in Tilted if you're going by the map.
- Tomato Town – Hidden by the sink in the main Tomato building on the West side.
Fortnite Gnomes Week 8 Challenges: Where are Hungry Gnomes on PS4, Xbox, Switch, Mobile
FORTNITE UPDATE 1
Fortnite Battle Royale's Week 8 Challenges are now live and are confirmed to be the exact list of challenges previously linked by the Fortnite Tracker earlier this week.
The Search 7 Hungry Gnomes challenge has also been confirmed, but again, for the next few minutes, everyone is only just learning how the challenge works. We have our own working theory, which you can read and see in the gallery below.
Stay tuned for more updates and should you need a handy guide for one of the other more tricky challenges or a reminder of the games ongoing blockbuster challenges, check out the two links below:
Fortnite Week 8 Challenges:
Fortnite – Search between a bear, crater, and a refrigerator shipment
Here's how to solve the Fortnite week 8 challenge 'Search between a bear, crater, and a refrigerator shipment'
However, unlike most weeks the Fortnite game servers will not be going down, as the games content update took place earlier this week.
Every week there's an increase in Fortnite players, such is the continuing popularity of the game, so it's probably worth a quick recap on how these weekly challenges work. So here it is:
Each week a new set of seven challenges unlock. These Weekly Challenges stack and can be completed any time before the season ends.
So if you go on holiday and miss one week, you can still complete them when you get back online.
Although there are seven challenges each week, you can only complete four out of the seven Weekly Challenges to unlock your rewards and 4000 XP, so choose the challenges that best fit your style and those offering the most Battle Stars if you want to level up.
One of the harder tasks presented by Epic Games this week, although only worth 5 Battle Stars, reads: "Search 7 Hungry Gnomes".
Those of you looking for a quick explainer are in luck. Keep reading and check out the gallery (below) to discover how to complete this new weekly challenge with minimal fuss.
Search 7 Hungry Gnomes
This latest task brings back fond memories of searching for the hidden Gnomes in Season 3.
In truth though, it's virtually impossible to know 100 percent, cast iron, exactly what it is that Epic Games have planned for this task, or indeed what players will be required to do.
We can, however, offer a few educated guesses based on the games past challenges.
For starters, it seems pretty unlikely that this has anything to do with the Gnomes which sometimes appear in the game when building walls.
Equally, we can probably rule out a duplicate task of the Gnomes Challenge from Season 3, so don't both checking the same spots.
In all likelihood, you'll still be searching out Gnomes, but the word 'Hungry' implies, maybe, that they'll be located exclusively at several food-related locations around the map?
That's our best guess currently. How hidden they'll be, that's another question entirely. Although, if they are, we suspect that the game could also have a unique sound lined up to indicate when you're close to a Gnome, as players had in Season 3.
We'll learn more soon enough, but in the meantime, check uot the gallery above for some of the most likely locations we could see them, if they spawn near food spots on the map.
Fortnite Week 8 Challenges:
- Deal 250 headshot damage to opponents
- Search 7 chests in Salty Springs
- Search 7 chests in a single match
- Search 7 Hungry Gnomes
- Search between a bear, crater, and a refrigerator shipment
- Get 3 suppressed weapon eliminations
- Eliminate 3 opponents in Pleasant Park
Rest assured we'll have a guide to help with those other challenges closer to release.
It's also worth noting that whilst the above challenges are highly likely to appear in the game this Thursday morning, there is the chance that Epic Games makes some changes.
For example, the Week 5 Challenges didn't include the gravity stones challenge when they eventually went live. So whilst we're pretty confident these are the challenges you'll be presented with, there's also a chance some amends could be made.
You'll have to stay tuned for more info as and when challenges go live this morning.
Fortnite Battle Royale Blockbuster Weekly Battle Star locations
FORTNITE fans can unlock ten Battle Stars by following loading screen clues available as part of the Blockbuster challenge tier.
PSA: No Fortnite Week 8 Hidden Battle Star
As we mentioned in our most recent Fortnite Blockbuster/Loading Screen piece, players don't need to be on the lookout for a new hidden Battle Star this week.
That's because it doesn't exist. Last week some players noticed that they already unlocked the week 8 loading screen. But what was more strange was that it didn't include a hidden battle star anywhere in the image, as was the case in past weeks.
According to the intelligent folk on the Fortnite sub-reddit, the hidden battle stars were only intended for weeks 1- 7. That's why last week users also noticed that the special blockbuster skin unlocked after players completed seven weeks worth of challenges.
For anyone that missed it, the skin was called The Visitor and featured a customizable head display along with a special piece of Offworld Rig back bling. You can take a closer look in the gallery above.
So, to recap. There is a loading screen for week 8, 9 and 10. But it won't feature a special hidden battle star.
It will likely just be a neat addition to your collection which simultaneously "adds to the narrative of Season 4" and provide some clues for where the game is heading as we approach Fortnite Season 5.