Roselia Shiny Pokemon GO: September Field Research – Prepare for Gen 4 Shiny Roserade
Pokemon GO's September update brought in the legendary Pokemon Entei, as well as a whole set of new research tasks that players can complete to unlock new Pokemon encounters – including additional Shiny Pokemon.
As well as a new variation of the Pokemon Spinda, players can find Fire-type Pokemon by completing tasks this month (and completing seven days' worth of tasks will net you the opportunity to catch Entei).
As well as Shiny Fire-type Pokemon (such as Growlithe – which you can read more about here), you can catch a Shiny Roselia, too.
The Grass-type Pokemon's Shiny variant was introduced earlier this year as a reward for the Dortmund Safari Zone – and now it's back, as a reward for September Research Tasks.
How to catch Shiny Roselia
There are a variety of ways of catching a Shiny Roselia.
Currently, your best bet is to spin different Pokestops until you receive the 'Send 5 Gifts' challenge.
Then, you need to complete the challenge and encounter the Roselia (it has much higher odds of being a Shiny when encountered from the challenge). It'll have between 691-736 CP, and usually has good stats.
You can also encounter the Pokemon in the wild – though odds of a Shiny encounter via this method rest at about 1/450.
You're going to want to save up as much Roselia candy as possible ahead of the launch of Generation 4 of Pokemon later this year (assumedly).
The evolution Roserade will be released soon, and a Shiny Roselia will be a great, powerful Grass-type that may shake things up in the meta.
So you're going to want to bear that in mind, catch as many Roselia as possible (which will also up your odds of getting a Shiny).
Then, when Pokemon GO Generation 4 launches (which we think will happen in October), you'll be ready to go with a Roserade straight away.
Pokemon GO – September Research Tasks:
Battle Field Missions
- Battle in a Gym: Mankey encounter
- Win a Gym Battle: Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle encounter
- Win 3 Gym Battles: Jynx encounter
- Win 5 Gym Battles: Machop encounter
- Use a Super-Effective Charge Attack 7 Times: Electabuzz encounter
Catch Field Missions
- Catch a Rattata or Pikachu: Phanpy encounter
- Catch 5 Fire-type Pokemon: Silver Pinap Berry
- Catch 10 Pokemon: Magikarp encounter (Possible Shiny)
- Use 10 Berries on Pokemon: Growlithe encounter
- Catch 5 Pokemon with Weather Boost: Vulpix or Poliwag encounter (Possible Shiny)
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokemon: Dratini (Possible Shiny)
Raid Field Missions
- Win a level 3 raid or higher: Dratini (Possible chance)
Pokeball & Throw Field Missions
- Make a Great Curveball Throw: Spinda encounter
- Make 5 Nice Throws: Voltorb encounter
- Make 3 Great Throws: Gastly encounter
- Make 3 Great Throws in a row: Onix encounter
- Make 3 Excellent Throws in a row: Larvitar encounter (Possible Shiny)
Pokemon Management Field Missions
- Power up a Pokemon 3 times: Koffing encounter
- Power up a Pokemon 5 times: Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle encounter (Possible Shiny)
- Transfer 10 Pokemon: Misdreavous encounter
- Earn 1 Buddy Candy: Numel encounter
- Send 5 Gifts: Roselia encounter (Possible Shiny)
Pokemon Egg Hatching & Evolution Field Missions
- Evolve a Pokemon: Eevee encounter
- Evolve 5 Fire-type Pokemon: Ninetales encounter
- Hatch an Egg: Exeggcute encounter
- Hatch 3 Eggs: Magmar encounter
- Hatch 5 Eggs: Chansey encounter