MLB The Show 18 RATINGS: Release date is here and so are the PS4's new best players
Seasoned fans of Sony's rather excellent, but often overlooked, baseball game MLB The Show returns today with the latest yearly release.
Most fans of the game will probably be ready and waiting for the game to hit the PS Store or shop shelves, and they might also be partically interested to know which players are the best in this years latest iteration of the series.
Thankfully, Sony has done players a solid and released a number of graphics to illustrate the top 10 players of each position and their corresponding overall rating in MLB The Show 18.
This includes everything from the Top 10 starting pitchers, top 10 starting baseman and even the top 10 catchers in the game.
If you're completely new to the Show then keep reading past the gallery for a complete run down of everything new that features in the game this year.
It's baseball, so we shouldn't have to explain how it works, but a quick look at the depth of features in the game this year might convince you to drop FIFA 18 for a few minutes to trial this hidden gem exclusively on the PS4.
MLB The Show 18 RATINGS
check out the top 10 players of each position and their corresponding overall rating in MLB The Show 18 below
WHATS NEW IN 2018?
Road to the Show
- New Archetypes and Attribute Caps – Create more believable players and they reflect the various types of players currently found in baseball. Each will have their own suggested primary positions, and there are specific ones for infield, outfield, and pitchers.
- New Two Part Progression – Road to the Show character progression is controlled by two parts: on field performance and Focus Training choices.
- On Field Performance – Every on the field action you make will feed into your player’s attributes and you will be able to track these gains, both during the game, as they happen, and at the end of the game, on the Base Gains screen.
- Focus Training choices – presents a quick choice experience where you choose from short list of options to specifically focus and train your player, in order to improve. You will choose the training exercise that suits your needs and then improve the specified attributes.
MLB The Show 18
- New Front Office Phases – We’ve broken Franchise mode down into 19 unique phases that contextualize the important moments general manager’s experience in a typical MLB season to help guide your franchise to success.
- New Retro Mode – New this year, play at any time with your franchise team in Retro Mode, bringing simplified gameplay controls and a retro presentation package to recreate that nostalgic feeling from past baseball video games.
- Critical Situations – As the season progresses, you’re prompted to join in on intense gameplay moments that occur during different games.
- Player Lock – Play as a single player on your team and experience the game from their perspective.
- Quick Manage – A text-based simulation that unfolds based on your decisions and input. You also have the option to jump in and out of the action at any time.
- Manage Full game – For our most hardcore fans that enjoy managing a team. You have the ability to jump in game as the manager and make every management decision for your team.
MLB The Show 18 – NEW FEATURES
Your guide to one of the best sports games on the PS4
- New Flexible Program System – Pick your missions and play through small programs to advance to larger programs to acquire highly coveted players like Babe Ruth from his heyday.
- Immortal Legends – We blew the roof off of the attribute system to support these Immortals in Diamond Dynasty. The cap on attributes now extends beyond 99, meaning the Ryan Express and the Great Bambino will command an unprecedented level of respect.
New Legends including Babe Ruth
- Earn new legends like Babe Ruth in Diamond Dynasty or take them out for a couple of swings in Franchise or Exhibition mode.
New Batting Stance Creator
- Batting Stance Creator will allow you the opportunity to tweak and adjust that perfect batting stance to reflect your personal style.
- We even exposed the values, so you can share these with other people. All of these adjustments to provide a deeper level of customization and uniqueness to created players.